Thursday, August 6, 2009

the Husband Project ~project 1

Project 1-
30 Mins is all it takes - create some free time when he gets home.

i find this so funny. i didnt get this far into the book yesterday and i had told my DH to go play some ball or go for a walk or something. He didnt want to leave the house and me with the kids so i sent him to bed early (early for us that is) and gave him some time with out having to help me with the babies.

So today i will give him his 30 mins t him self as soon as he says his hellos to his kids. then i will give him 30 mins of listening. with out me jumping in trying to one up him.

The Plan- when he gets home i will send him (with a glass of water) to take a shower and get dressed in peace. i know it wont take him 30 mins but i hope he at least takes his time. today we have to go to the docs to get me ready for the surgery so i know that time will be spread short we have to be there by 4:30 so we need to leave by 4. this is why also want to give him 30 mins of me listening about his day and the things he found funny. really listening.


- the results

when he walked in i had his water for him and the girls said hello ... i sent him away to take a shower and get dressed on his own . he thought we would have to run right out of the house when he got here. so he said thank you and was glad to have those few mins. when we packed into the car i got another thank you and he wanted to know what he could do for me to get few mins for myself(this is something he always wants for me ) but i told him no worries i just want to know about your day. So he told me about his day and the issues he is having there. and i just listened. he seems a hole lot happier. Right now he took the kids down to ride they're scooters.

project 1 is A+

No comments:

Post a Comment